My friend Melissa just got back from the World Race and I so enjoyed reading her “Never Have I Ever” blogs that I figured I’d steal the idea. We’ve only been here a couple days, but I’ve already seen so much that I’ll write one now and then maybe another later!
Before this trip, never had I ever:
– been so blessed by a conversation with a stranger on a plane
– been judged in German- apparently they really hate the American girl’s chacos 🙂
-had foreign Mcdonald’s- fulfilling every stereotype and increasing the Germans’ disdain for us
-slept in an airport terminal
-“showered” with baby wipes in an airport bathroom
– flown in a double-decker plane
-ridden for an hour and a half in the back of a pick-up truck on the highways of Bangkok
-seen such disparity in wealth- shacks made of tin sheeting and recycled billboards only 10 yards from multi-million dollar resorts
– seen a cow curled up in someone’s front yard like a dog
-been stared at by so many people (25 American girls tend to draw the eye)
– slept on the floor of a Thai bus station
– stood in honor of the king at the same bus station- “The king is a great man.”
– ridden 12 hours on a double-decker bus with neon lights, curtains, a lot of Rhianna mixed in with some
Thai pop music, and a Thai version of the Office which involved machine guns and a lot of screaming
– seen my feet swollen to twice their normal size from so much travel and sitting… super lame, friends
-not showered for 4 days- I have discovered that dread locks could easily be accomplished in my hair
– rejoiced in a cold shower in a tile room with no curtain- so refreshing!!!!
– thrown my toilet paper in a trash can- don’t be grossed out- I haven’t braved the squatty potty yet!
– played frogger in real life- gotta catch those buses
-waved down a bus for 20 baht (about 60 cents)
-seen so many motorbikes! Guys, I’m buying a moped.
– seen chickens and roosters running up and down the streets
-gotten a full (very good, very spicy) meal for 40 baht (a little over $1)
– bartered like a pro at the night market and gotten a lot of super cute stuff for almost nothing
– gotten lost in a taxi bus at night with a driver that speaks very little English- with no idea where our house is… Jesus worked it out!
More adventures to come!